Are you interested in peace and conflict resolution, social justice, Middle East studies or Arabic language?
FIE has partnered with AMIDEAST in Amman, Jordan to offer this unique program. Spend your summer in London, Northern Ireland and Amman exploring the process of peace and the sensitive cultural and societal roots of conflict.
Your program begins in London where you study peace and conflict theory using Northern Ireland as a case study. Your classroom experience is followed by a study tour to Northern Ireland to contextualize your course work.
Once in Amman, you will use your new understanding of peace and conflict to examine how the Arab/Israeli conflict; regional conflicts such as those in Lebanon, Yemen or Iraq; and tribal conflicts are being addressed.
Following the conclusion of the Peace & Conflict Resolution Program, you have the opportunity to stay in Amman and pursue a course in intensive Arabic language, including instruction in both Modern Standard Arabic and Jordanian Arabic.
Find out about the evolution of this program from Dr. Paul Arthur, Program Director.
- Summer Peace & Conflict Resolution program only (4-weeks)
- Summer Peace & Conflict Resolution program with Intensive Arabic Language (8-weeks)
- GPA: 2.75
- NOTE: Your home institution may require a higher GPA and other prerequisites
- If you attend an FIE partner institution, contact your study abroad advisor on campus for any additional requirements
CREDIT AND TRANSCRIPT INFORMATION
- Check with your study abroad advisor for a course equivalencies, credit approval and transcript information on your campus
LETTER TO STUDENTS