114 Cromwell Road London SW7 4ES
FIE’s London programs are centered at Foundation House Study Center, located conveniently across the street from Gloucester Road Underground Station in Kensington, one of the most beautiful and historic learning environments in the world. Students and faculty will find themselves within walking distance to some of Europe’s great cultural institutions including the Royal Albert Hall, the Victoria and Albert Museum and the Natural History Museum, as well as the shopping districts of High Street Kensington and Gloucester Road. As FIE’s hub of operations, Foundation House contains:
- Nine classrooms set up theatre style with tablet chairs, classroom sizes range from 15 seats to 45 seats. Each of these classrooms are equipped with the following:
- Whiteboard and accessories
- Laptop connected to interactive short throw projector, speakers and high speed wireless internet
- Multi-regional DVD/VHS combi player, also connected to interactive projector and speakers
- Air Conditioning Unit
- Air Filtration Unit
- Student Common Room with upcoming event information, a range of daily newspapers and weekly journals;
- Faculty Lounge, used by both visiting and FIE London faculty. Located in the basement of Foundation House, the Faculty Lounge works on a hub basis, with nine computer stations, all connected to FIE’s wireless network, printer and photocopier, providing a quick and efficient working environment. As well as the technology, there are other learning materials in the office, including FIE’s DVD and VHS collection and a selection of textbooks and reading materials. Faculty will be assigned a large pigeon hole/locker for storing teaching materials. It will also be used for any tickets or mail that needs to be passed on.
- Offices for FIE London administrative and academic staff.
For further information or queries on any aspect of Foundation House, please contact our Study Centre Coordinator.