Are you interested in studying abroad in London while participating in an international internship?
The FIE Study & Internship Program is designed just for you. In addition to course work, you will be assigned an internship with a small- to mid-sized company in London. Courses take place at Foundation House, our study center located in beautiful, historic Kensington. Take advantage of our professional team of educators, administrators and staff as well as all of the extra-curricular activities available during your term abroad. Experience London as your classroom.
- Semester (15.5-weeks)
- Winter Quarter (10.5-weeks)
- Summer (8-weeks)
|Fall and Spring Semester Programs||Phase 1: Weeks 1 - 7||Week 8||Phase 2: Weeks 9 - 15|
Required British Life Key Course (choice of British Life and Cultures, British Life and Business, British Life and Visual Media, or British Life and Europe) meets for three hours a week.
Two or three other selected elective courses; more information is available at:
During this period, students will interview for internships/service internships and sites are confirmed
Classes meet two days per week. The required British Life Key Course continues for three hours a week. The International Internship Course/International Service Internship Course meets during Phase 2 asa space for reflection on the placement experience (if applicable). Some elective courses continue while others begin. Students also have the opportunity to continue on study only.
Internships are scheduled for three days a week.
Throughout the experience the required British Life and Cultures Key Course meets for six hours a week. During Week One, students interview for internships and sites are confirmed.
The International Internship Course consists of the actual placement and weekly seminars that enhance and contextualize your internship experience; the in-class component meet six times for 90 minutes each.
Academic classes meet for two and a half days a week with the placements taking place in the other two and a half days of a week.
- GPA: 2.75
- Sufficient academic preparation and experience to participate in an internship abroad
- NOTE: Your home institution may require a higher GPA and other prerequisites
- If you attend an FIE partner institution, contact your study abroad advisor on campus for any additional requirements
CREDIT AND TRANSCRIPT INFORMATION
- Check with your study abroad advisor for a course equivalencies, credit approval and transcript information on your campus
- Based on your campus requirements you may receive a transcript from your home university or from Drexel University, FIE’s School of Record
- Depending on courses selected and approval on your campus, you will earn:
- 12-16 credits/semester
- 18-24 credits/quarter
- 6-8 credits/summer