Live, work, AND play (not necessarily in that order) in Dublin, Ireland, where a treasure trove of internships await you. As the modern business landscape is all about globalization, international markets, and benefiting the public good, there’s never been a better time to get the leg up and add some TA-DA! to your resume than by jumpstarting your career with an internship at a small-to-medium enterprise (SME) in Dublin.
While juggling your coursework at the Dublin Business School (DBS) and your internship placement, you’ll take serious advantage of the “big village feel” that is unique to Dublin. After you clock off from a hard day’s work, find mighty craic (that’s Irish slang for “fun!”) with your new coworkers-turned-lifelong connections. The European professional scene is yours for the taking. Ready to snag semester or summer internships in Dublin?
THE CLIFF NOTES
- SEMESTER: You will intern 2-2.5 days weekly while taking FIE's signature International Internship Course (IIC), Irish Life and Cultures , plus two or three DBS elective courses.
- SUMMER: You will intern four days per week while taking FIE's signature International Internship Course (IIC) or an equivalent course offered by your home university.
- ALL PROGRAMS: Hang out during organized social events and extracurricular activities with other FIE Dublin students.
- ALL PROGRAMS: Thanks to our hands-on projects, you’ll gain a boatload of transferable professional skills, from empathy and intercultural awareness to time and project management.
POTENTIAL FIELDS FOR INTERNSHIP PLACEMENTS
INTERNSHIP STREAMS AT DBS
|Fall & Spring Semester Internships||
The Study & Internship experience at FIE Dublin consists of three parts:
An internship stream helps you choose your two to three elective courses based on your interest area. Click the links below for more detail on available Streams.
Stream Interest Areas include:
Two weekend-long study tours to Northern Ireland and the west of Ireland are included in the internship program.
The Internship experience consists of the International Internship Course (IIC) or relevant online course from your home campus, and the internship placement.
FIE Dublin Summer interns are with their internship placements 4 days a week.
Summer interns have access to FIE's subsidized student extra-curricular calendar, including activities in and around Dublin.
- GPA: 2.75
- Sufficient academic preparation and experience to participate in an internship abroad
- NOTE: Your home institution may require a higher GPA and other prerequisites
- If you attend an FIE partner institution, contact your study abroad advisor on campus for any additional requirements
COURSE ENROLLMENT AND TRANSCRIPTION INFORMATION
- Check with your study abroad advisor for course equivalencies, credit approval, and transcript information on your campus
Summer internship students from partner institutions:
- You have two options to fulfill the academic requirements of the Dublin Summer Internship program:
- If your home institution offers a campus-based, online internship course in which you are enrolled, no grade report or transcript will be issued
- If your home institution does not offer a campus-based or on-line internship you will be enrolled in FIE's International Internship Course (IIC). Students will be enrolled at FIE's School of Record, Drexel University, and a Drexel University transcript will be issued
Independent summer internship students:
- FIE's International Internship Course (IIC) is required
- Students will be enrolled at Drexel University and issued a Drexel University transcript
FIE's International Internship Course (IIC) and electives if applicable are delivered by Dublin Business School (DBS). For summer internships, the course may be taught at the city center campus location of DBS or online.