Thinking about what’s next after studying abroad? Here are some ways to continue your global experience by studying, interning, volunteering or teaching abroad. Click the links below to find out more.



BUNAC’s overseas work, travel, and volunteer programs offer students and young people an enriching and affordable alternative to package tourism. On a BUNAC program, you have the chance to live and breathe another culture from the inside rather than simply passing through as a tourist. For more than 50 years, BUNAC has made it possible for many thousands of young people to explore the world through work, volunteer and internship opportunities.


The Lessons From Abroad (LFA) organization seeks to help students make sense of their education abroad experience after they have returned home. LFA offers programming, resources, and research that establishes a community of learners who successfully integrate their international experience in all facets of their academic, personal, and professional lives. Check out a, LFA returnee conference near you or browse resources on how to best articulate your experience abroad in your resume. 



Mounbatten offers a full-time, one-year paid internship in London (non-UK/EU citizens only) or New York (non-American citizens only) with evening and weekend study to receive a Postgraduate Certificate or MBA in International Business Practice. MBA candidates who have successfully completed a 12-month work placement and courses, either in London or New York, are eligible to complete their master’s degree with guided fieldwork in the Asia Pacific Region, based in Bangkok, Thailand.


Study Across The Pond provides free personal advice, guidance, and assistance with the application process to successfully help US students apply for postgraduate study in the UK. A Master’s degree in the UK has many advantages over a US Master’s degree. It only takes 12 months to complete, saving you both time and money, in addition to the invaluable international experience gained. Across The Pond works with specific institutions in the UK and they will be able to advise you on which universities may be best for you.

The Fulbright Commission provides funding for students, scholars, teachers and professionals to continue their studies abroad. Opportunities are available for US and non-US students.


Teach in Japan. The Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program invites college graduates from the US to participate in international exchange that seeks to help enhance internationalization in Japan by promoting mutual understanding between Japan and other nations. The program also aims to improve foreign language education in Japan and to encourage international exchange at the local level by fostering ties between Japanese youth and foreign youth.


Peace Corps volunteers live, learn, and work with a community overseas to promote world peace and understanding. American citizens can work with governments, schools, non-profit organizations (NPOs), non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and entrepreneurs in education, hunger, business, information technology, agriculture and the environment.


WorldTeach is a non-profit, non-governmental organization founded by a group of Harvard students in 1986 in response to the need for educational assistance in developing countries. It also addressed a growing interest among people in the U.S. and elsewhere to serve, teach and learn as volunteers overseas. Since its inception, WorldTeach has placed thousands of volunteer educators in communities throughout Asia, Latin America, Africa, Eastern Europe and the Pacific.

  • QAAreviewed
  • 2015 QUIP logo color
  • FEA Access Partner Logo 1
  • NationalCodeBeAssured