You may have questions about travel insurance and medical coverage while abroad. Below, we explain our group travel insurance policy with Endsleigh with links to the most up to date policy documents and information on making a claim. We also share advice on what to do if you're not covered by Endsleigh.



FIE is an appointed representative of Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited, which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FIE students are covered by an Endsleigh Travel Insurance group policy, unless this coverage has been waived by your home institution. If you’re unsure whether your institution is covered, please check with your study abroad advisor. 

Click the links below to view the 2020 Endsleigh Group Travel Insurance policy documents: 

  1. Summary
  2. Statement of Insurance
  3. Policy Wording
  4. Endorsement

The policy documents for 2021 will be available to view shortly.


You must read all of the above policy documents carefully before the start of your program. We also recommend saving copies of the policy documents and the Endsleigh numbers to your phone. After reading the documents, you may find that you need more comprehensive coverage (e.g. if you need coverage for a pre-exisiting condition or for a sport or activity that isn't already covered). Should you need further coverage, you'll find some guidance in the ‘Not Covered by Endsleigh’ section below.




  • The Endsleigh policy is valid only for the duration of your program
    • You should not cancel any existing policies that you already hold
  • You can only claim from one insurer per incident
  • The policy has a one-time deductible/excess of £25 which is payable in for each claim
    • Most medical costs after the first deductible/excess are covered
    • The deductible/excess is £100 for Personal Liability claims
  • All referrals to medical specialists must be made by a general practitioner and approved by Endsleigh
  • Endsleigh does not cover private medical care unless authorized specifically by the Emergency Assistance Service
  • Click here to read Endsleigh's Customer Privacy Policy



All FIE students are required to be covered by some form of medical insurance, either through their home institution or through FIE’s Endsleigh group policy. Check with your study abroad advisor for more information on insurance issued by your home institution. Along with medical coverage, you should also ensure that you have appropriate coverage for other circumstances such as loss of personal possessions. Click here for some helpful advice from Andy Steves on how to select travel insurance.

  • QAAreviewed
  • 2015 QUIP logo color
  • NationalCodeBeAssured
  • AASHE STARS Silver Seal