Social entrepreneurship is a unique approach to economic, social, and environmental challenges facing our society, and combines the passion of a social mission with the power of modern business to enact meaningful change.
Historically, London has been a hub for international development work and non-profit organizations with social causes. Today, London is the world’s most multicultural city, and it is home to some of the world’s most prominent social powerhouses: The Young Foundation, Social Innovation Exchange, School for Social Entrepreneurs, and UnLtd, to name a few.
BUILDING YOUR EXPERIENCE
Social entrepreneurship is inherently linked to FIE’s values of inclusivity, ethics and human rights, social and cultural engagement, and sustainability. Students can frame their semester experience in London with our courses and optional internship or service internships.
Below are possible options for semester students interested in Social Entrepreneurship at FIE London, consisting of suggested courses and internship industry areas.
- 1 Key Course
- 2- 3 Elective Courses
- Select courses that will complement your interests in Social Entrepreneurship such as:
- Or choose from FIE's wide menu of course offerings:
- Arts, Literature & Theater
- Contemporary Britain
- Global Business
- Global Studies
- History & Politics
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Media & Communications
- Peace, Conflict & Social Justice
An internship at FIE consists of an internship placement at a small-to-medium-sized company or organization in London, plus the International Internship Course (IIC). We encourage you to mention your Social Entrepreneurship interests in your internship application materials so we can make the best possible placement for you based on your experience and interests.
Some internship industry areas related to Social Entrepreneurship are:
- Business & Entrepreneurship
- Business Management and Administration
- Start-ups and Entrepreneurial Companies
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Environment & Sustainability
- Government, Non-Profit & Grassroots Organizations
- Sustainable & Ethical Businesses
- Social Welfare & Non-Profit Organizations
- Public & Social Charities
- Special Interest Organizations
- Children’s & Youth Charities
- Poverty & Homelessness Initiatives
All of our Internship Industry Areas can be found on our website at London Internship Industry Areas.
Students may also choose to have a more service-focused internship placement, called a Service Internship. As part of your or International Service Internship Course (ISIC), you will intern with a small to small-to-medium-sized company or organization in London. We encourage you to mention your Social Entrepreneurship interests in your internship application materials so we can make the best possible placement for you based on your experience and interests.
Any of our service industry areas would likely fit the interests of students interested in Social Entrepreneurship: